[pydotorg-www] wiki dot python dot org fwslash moin

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Aug 6 21:19:08 CEST 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010 18:53:35 Bob oCatacoo wrote:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/CategoryHomepage
> error
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.

This could be related to Martin's recent change to put a time/resource limit
on Moin processes. It's quite possible for pages involving searches to spend
a bit of time getting all the results, even though Xapian should be enabled
and working on the python.org Moin instances.

I managed to get CategoryHomepage to show results, but I imagine that it might
not do so under certain conditions. One page which is almost guaranteed to
consume a fair amount of time is this one:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PageHits

This no longer works for me.

Paul

P.S. I wonder if any progress has been made on Wiki improvements since I
grabbed Steve at EuroPython and persuaded him to push the matter forward
somewhat, for which I am (and presumably Radomir is) grateful.