[pydotorg-www] Docs development entrypoint

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Apr 25 19:56:08 CEST 2010

On Apr 25, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

> On 25/04/2010 16:20, A.M. Kuchling wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 03:04:24PM +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
>>
>>> I agree that the doc-SIG pages are outdated.  I will ask the SIG coordinator
>>> what we should do with the old content, and then update the pages
>>> accordingly.
>>>
>> I'd suggest dropping them; they're very old, referring to the PSA
>> (1990s forerunner to the PSF), and the heart of documentation activity
>> is now docs.python.org.  I'd like to see us discard most (all?) of the
>> sig pages; they're all pretty outdated.
>>

> Agreed - some of them contain *no content at all*, not even links back to the sig itself. Those pages should redirect back to the mailman page for the mailing list.

IIRC, the sig pages were always so out of date because they were web pages that had to be edited like all the other www.p.o web pages.  If they're not wiki pages now, they really should be.  I think SIGs (whether short- or long-lived, doesn't matter) have more value if they're tied to an area on the wiki.

-Barry