[pydotorg-www] Docs development entrypoint (Was: [docs] Mailing list dead pile and private lists)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Apr 25 16:23:20 CEST 2010

    anatoly> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Michael Foord <mfoord at python.org> wrote:

    >>> That's change for consistency with python-dev@
    >>>

    >> But inconsistency with all the other special-interest-group (sig) mailing
    >> lists.

    anatoly> Most of them are dead. Is it the sort of consistency we need? =)

That is the intent of sigs.  They are there for awhile to serve their
function, then they go away.  Practically speaking, they go dormant.  Their
archives remain.  We haven't always adhered to that convention (e.g.,
pythonmac-sig isn't going away anytime soon), but that is/was its intent.

Skip