[pydotorg-www] International Symbol - request for addition

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 11:53:29 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Georg Brandl <georg at python.org> wrote:

>> This pixelated jpeg is of very bad quality - it reminds me about those
>> ancient pages with animated gifs and HTML 2.0 markup. Is there a
>> hi-res source for it to make a .png?
>
> Sorry, I don't see any "pixelation" or bad quality.  The image is nicely
> antialiased.  Except of course if you blow it up to different sizes.  But
> that's not necessary here.

It is automatically dithered due to poor jpeg compression - not
antialiased in any way. If your screen resolution is too high or
monitor is not calibrated, then look at attached images - one is 4x
scaled without any antialising filters, the other is 4x with automatic
contrast.

>> I'd make "uses Python.." and "What they are saying..." mutually
>> exclusive showing only one at a time.
>
> Alternately, we could make use of the large center space, and put the
> news and the "Using for..." side-by-side.

That will be ugly. Even news agencies does't do columns nowadays
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ And many people still visit python.org from
Android devices and portable devices without wide screens.

P.S. Is there any web stats for pydotorg like browser/country/etc?

--
anatoly t.