[pydotorg-www] Mailing list dead pile and private lists (Was: python.org ecosystem)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 10:11:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> Martin already mentioned mail.python.org, but I wanted to highlight it
> because it has an HTTP server for Mailman, so it contains all the mailing
> list archives and going to http://mail.python.org/ shows the public
> mailing lists.

The important part of it is that private archives are not listed.
For example docs at python.org (or is it doc at python.org?) is almost
impossible for volunteer to discover that it is possible to
participate. There is also Doc-SIG, but it is not very active.

So, I propose to review current SIGs ML, private ML and merge/remove
or archive dead ML.

The question to whatever to make docs/doc@ public is for Georg. I
can't insist on things I am not actively participate in.

--
anatoly t.