[pydotorg-www] Current python.org contributor process

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Fri Apr 23 00:17:04 CEST 2010

On 23/04/2010 00:10, Aahz wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010, Michael Foord wrote:
>
>> If we had an almost zero barrier to entry (through the web) my guess is
>> that we *would* have more contributions (we currently get something
>> close to zero contributions and any website maintenance is done by a
>> handful of volunteers).
>>
> That does not match my perception, depending on how you define
> "contribution".  AFAICT, most of the website changes are driven by a
> request for change from someone outside the maintenance team.

Ok, that's probably true. They are almost always of the form "please add
a link", or "this link is broken". We almost never get improvements,
additions or new content. The current team doesn't do that *either*, we
are pretty much in a 'maintenance-only' mode - and as discussed the
barrier / requirements for getting new contributors are high.

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/