[Pydotorg-www] [Pydotorg] Job Posting Address

Johannes Gijsbers johannes at dds.nl
Wed Jul 12 18:00:14 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 01:09 -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> jobs at python.org is directed to the pydotorg list.  pydotorg does not accept
> email from non-members.  All of the job postings have to go through
> moderation.  A number of us try to keep this flowing, but the essential
> problem is that we have a public address that doesn't accept all mail.
>
> I don't know what the list settings are for pydotorg-www, but we should end up
> with a configuration that allows mail to jobs to always come through.

Currently the list has the default of holding any non-member posts for
moderation. I can't seem to find any mailman option which would
automatically accept messages based on a "To:" address. Does anyone know
whether this is possible?

And a somewhat related question for the current pydotorg list admins: is
jobs at python.org set in acceptable_aliases? Do I need to do that if we
move jobs at python.org to pydotorg-www?

Johannes