[Pydotorg-redesign] I think that the current site structure needs to be scrapped altogether.

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Sep 21 16:05:57 EDT 2003

I recommend that everyone who hasn't done so yet, read the book "Don't
make me Think" by Steve Krug.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0789723107/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/103-8580480-8104610?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link

I agree with almost everything Krug says, and wish I could put them in
practice for python.org -- alas, my time is needed in language design
and implementation, where there aren't quite so many people who are
better than me, so don't expect me to help with the redesign.

IMO the first and foremost recommendation from the book for python.org
is to put a search box on the front page.  We shouldn't have to wait
to do that until the full redesign is ready.  (BTW, the current
Ultraseek search engine also uses Python. :-)