[Pydotorg-redesign] Draft HTML for redesign proposal

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Sun Oct 12 20:30:48 EDT 2003

Laura Creighton wrote:

>In a message of Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:38:33 BST, "Tim Parkin" writes:
>

>>>I get really uncomfortable when what I want to paste into the search
>>>box doesn't fit.  Or when I type in long things.  Here I am being
>>>really precise to limit my search nicely, and I cannot see ...
>>>

>>Well I made it bigger now...
>>
>>The new version is at
>>
>>http://pollenation.net/assets/public/draft-oct13.html
>>

>you sure Tim?  On Mozilla on my laptop it looks the same.  And I get
>the can opener effect as well.   Do you know any good way for me to
>just save all the bits on my screen as a png or something so I can
>mail it to you?  I don't.

It depends what you're using. GNOME 2.2 has a built in screenshot
utility (available as a panel button), KDE has something called
ksnapshot, Imagemagick includes a command line app called import.

>Is this how I ask my mozilla to tell me what version it is so I can tell
>you?  about: under help menu says ...
>
>Mozilla 1.0
>Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020623 Debian/1.0.0-0.woody.1

Wow, are you really using Debian Stable? I thought everyone immediately
switched to testing ;-).

This must be a Mozilla 1.0 problem as the page works ok in 1.4 and seems
to work ok in 1.1 and 1.3. I may be able to install 1.0 to help Tim but
is it honestly worth it? Anyone know how many Moz 1.0 users the site gets?

[snip]

>But now I need bed more than anything else.

Me too!

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd