[Pydotorg-redesign] Logo question

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jul 30 10:40:26 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003, Walter Dörwald wrote:
> Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>Did you want to be on the python.org committers list at this point?
>
> Yes.
>
> What I'm planning to do is port the .ht files to XHTML. As this is a
> big change, it would be good to have a second pair of eyes look over
> the changes before commiting. I assume this patch can be discussed on
> the bugtracker that will be installed Real Soon Now.

We've started the process of converting files to XHTML one at a time.
If you've got an automated way of doing that, good; otherwise, I'm not
sure that it's a good idea to do a mass update.  It's similar to the way
Guido opposes touching code just to fix a style issue or update to a new
idiom.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz