[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jul 18 18:15:30 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 04:08:10PM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>Were you thinking a database like MySQL/Postgres, or a text/XML file
>that gets processed statically (like the mirrors list).

A simple OPML (XML-based, naturally) file could easily be turned into
HTML, and the original might be useful for other purposes.

>I'd love to have some sort of "named links" facility; this would be
>useful from within the docs as well, to avoid dead links from old
>versions of the docs to external resources that have moved.

Would you want some sort of generalized redirect facility?  Say, so
that going to www.python.org/redirect/amk goes to my home page,
/redirect/cookbook goes to the Python cookbook, etc?  Or would we want
something in the toolchain, so that \namedurl{cookbook} is magically
replaced by the correct URL?

--amk