[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 18 15:06:01 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > Check it off:
 >
 >     http://www.python.org/other/404s.html

Cool!  We could stick this in dev/pydotorg/ though, to keep "site
management" stuff together.

 > Generated at 4:30am each night using /usr/home/skip/bin/check404s.  Crude,
 > but effective enough I think.  It can obviously be improved, but this should
 > suffice for now.

I think the following information would be really helpful:

  - the referrer for each path (and there may be one or more)

  - when the most recent reference was made (I'd sort by this)

Even better would be to split the list into two sections: referers
from python.org, and from elsewhere.

 > Note that it's not currently referenced from the website, so if you're keen
 > on this information, bookmark it.

I'll add a link once you've adjusted the script to dump the results in
dev/pydotorg/  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>