[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Fri Jul 18 21:01:52 EDT 2003

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Aahz writes:
>  > Okay....  I'd be rather leery of that, but I suppose it could work.  If
>  > it's bulletproof, that would make it easier to do further re-orgs.
>
> Best would be a record of the cvs commands that would need to be run
> (including from where, if not from the top level).  That would allow
> the entire thing to be tested without touching the repository.

If we replace the per-directory links.h with one global structure, we
probably one need to remove all links.h files and add one global file.

If we keep the per-directory links.h we don't have to change any
filenames.

>  > His probably has the whole site (minus the downloads, probably); I've
>  > just got the .ht and .h files.
>
> Yup.  A real conversion script will need to understand to skip things
> it shouldn't touch, so it seems useful to include everything.
> Including the scripts ensure Walter can see how everything is knit
> together.

I think the first step would be to simply convert the .ht without
touching any navigation. The next step would be to handle the
special headers in the .ht files. Finally a new sitemap structure
has to be defined.

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald