[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jul 17 09:52:50 EDT 2003

    >> I don't know which tool is currently used for generating the pages,
    >> and whether we would be willing to switch tools, if that would
    >> simplify generating masses of pages and being able quickly change the
    >> look for all pages.

    aahz> We're willing to switch in theory.  In practice, unless we can
    aahz> amass a group of volunteers for a formatting sprint, there are too
    aahz> many pages to convert without a compelling reason.

I'm not sure what there is to convert.  The .ht pages are just content.
Surely that wouldn't have to change immediately.  The template page would
have to change, but that would be a one-place, one-time sort of thing.

    aahz> What we currently use is a combination of auto-generated
    aahz> navigation and hand-written HTML.

Yes, but most of that HTML is simply section headers, tables to display data
(as opposed to structure the pages) and inline markup.  It's the naviagtion
stuff that will change and should be relatively easy to do.

Skip