[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Thu Jul 17 16:31:00 EDT 2003

Aahz wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003, Walter Dörwald wrote:
>
>>For the new www.python.org we should not only reorganize the
>>navigation, but do a graphic redesign of the site as well.
>>
>>I've done a quick mockup in Photoshop of how a new www.python.org
>>could look like:
>>
>>http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/www.python.org.gif
>>
>>Also, the navigation should be made hierarchical and we should add
>>bread crumb navigation that always shows the user where s/he is.
>
> Not bad, overall.  I've got a few concerns about our ability to generate
> that look with static HTML, but I think they're resolvable.  Note that I
> do believe that we need to stick with static HTML for our mirrors.

Converting this look to HTML isn't difficult, as long as we can use
CSS. (But of course the web site must be usable with Netscape 4,
it just doesn't have to look identical IMHO).

I'll try to do an HTML version over the weekend.

I don't know which tool is currently used for generating the pages,
and whether we would be willing to switch tools, if that would simplify
generating masses of pages and being able quickly change the look
for all pages.

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald