[Pydotorg-redesign] PWC: informal announcement

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Aug 24 21:13:43 EDT 2003

[This was supposed to go out a couple of days ago, but I didn't see the
point while the virus storm was at its highest.  If you reply to this,
please keep it on *one* list.]

Some people have been asking who will make decisions regarding the web
site.  At the most recent PSF board meeting, it was decided that a
committee would take over for Guido -- though Guido as BDFL retains the
right to veto a recommendation of the committee.  There should be little
change for most issues, particularly in the short term -- if you've been
doing work, just continue what you've been doing.

The Python Website Committee (PWC) consists of a cross-section of people
in the Python community who've been involved with the web site currently
and in the past:

Thomas Wouters (chair), sysadmin
Aahz, site maintainer
Kevin Altis, marketing
Fred Drake, documentation
Just van Rossum, graphic design

Becuase we just received our mandate, we really haven't started
operations yet.  This is just a heads-up so that people know where to
look for decisions.  You can reach the PWC through
pydotorg-pwc at python.org

(Thomas is on vacation until Sept 2, so don't expect to get much
response for a while.)

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz