[Pydotorg-redesign] python.org Commercial Exits

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Aug 16 20:52:58 EDT 2003

[now that I'm back from the power outage -- yes, I'm on the west coast
of the USA, but my ISP is in NYC -- I've got some comments]

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003, A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> Proposal:
>
> * Create /community/companies.html.  Criterion for listing:
>   companies that either use Python primarily, or have made strong
>   commitments to using it and supporting the community.

Works for me.  You don't say, but I assume this replaces "Commercial
Exits" on sidebar.

> * Change the top-level sidebar to http://www.amk.ca/python.org.html .
>   Suggestions that haven't been acted on:
>     * Move down the 'Mirror sites' link (this is a good idea)

Works for me.  Should replace "SIGs" with Site Map (if not now,
eventually).  I want PyCon in the sidebar until Community points to
/community/ *and* /community/ is beefed up to prominently display PyCon.

Now that I've added the quickie links to /download/, I think the docs
should go above "Python Versions" in the sidebar.

Please change "Developer's Guide" back to "Python Project" and include
the bugs/patches links -- I added those partly for efficient access and
partly to emphasize that this is for people who want to contribute bugs
and patches: the developers of Python itself.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz