[Pydotorg-redesign] Some quick observations and ideas about the current site

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 11 11:35:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003, A. M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 07:00  PM, Aahz wrote:
>>
>>Haven't had a chance to mention this yet, but I think the set of links
>>in the top navbar should be:

>>* Why Python?
>>* Getting Started
>>* Documentation
>>* Community
>>* Sitemap
>>* Developers
>
> Assuming "Getting Started" goes to /topics/learn/, the only one of
> those links we don't already have is "Why Python?".  Would that point
> to the existing /doc/Intros.html, or do we need to make a new
> advocacy/marketing section?  If the latter, we need someone to step up
> and volunteer to actually write it.  (That person won't be me; my plan
> is to revise the FAQs and then go off and work on a Quixote web site.)

It'd be a new advocacy section; I think we have most of the material to
assemble one.  I certainly don't expect you to do it -- you've been doing
a wonderful job recently, but it was a *lot* of intense work.  I just
wanted to get agreement that this was a good direction.  We could point
at Intros.html if we wanted to change the navbar now, but that's not a
long-term solution

Do you agree that "Getting Started" is a good name for the link?

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz