[Pydotorg-redesign] FW: [marketing-python] More on the white paper idea

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Tue Apr 15 10:42:46 EDT 2003

White papers sound like a good idea to me. I'm forwarding Skip's message
because my comments mostly have to do with redesign ideas.

We have a handful of Topic pages and some are better than others.

  http://www.python.org/topics/

There is definitely overlap with the SIG pages and much of the content of
various SIG pages would be good for topic pages (eg. edu-sig -> Python in
Education). I'm not sure I like the idea of replacing the better pages like
the Python and Scientific Computing topic with a white paper and a set of
links at the bottom of that, but Skip may have an example white paper in
mind to use as a model for the organization.

  http://www.python.org/topics/scicomp/

This is definitely an area where it would be good to get feedback from the
"scientific computing" customers about whether the pages are useful to them.

ka