[PyConUK-adm-priv] Audio-visual equipment

Zeth Green zeth at infomachine.uk
Tue May 17 07:25:57 EDT 2016

I think the list is longer than just those audio recorders. Look for
more lists :) Cameras, lots of extension leads, other crap. Tim or
Alex will know. I know Alex and Mary chucked a load of stuff.

In short, we can record one room in HD with several different video
streams and mix them together and make the youtube videos we did last
year. Last year we had one left over camera (I think Luke brought his
own as a spare) and we bunged it a the second room and left it
recording unattended, Tim mixed those videos afterwards.

A local PHP/Moodle company called Autotrain that Tim is part of,
seconds Tim's time to us each year as their contribution to
sponsorship. Although we (PyCon UK) have often provided a room in the
Formula 1 and free entry. Tim is a PHP developer with a growing
interest in Python (we are assimilating him by accident), who is also
used to be a big DJ so knows all about AV, Autotrain has a load of
gear also.

The (old) plan was that in 2015 we would buy a video mixer and test it
out, and if we liked the idea, we would buy more in 2016 to record all
the rooms using our normal audio/video volunteer crew (in 2015 this
was Tim, Luke, 2 * Alex and Charles, possibly more I am forgetting).
Now there is talk of using another company so maybe we have a new
plan.

My role in the past has been to make sure they have the kit they need
and the volunteers they need then leave them to it. Normally in the
past my role was to chair the main room so that didn't leave much time
for me to actually help with the AV.