[pycon-za] Fwd: Try EventBoard at your upcoming event for free

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:41:36 CEST 2012

We used the free plan on http://guidebook.com/events/plans/ at ScaleConf,
and we had 155 downloads (out of about 300 attendees, although some of them
would have been duplicates as we updated the guide as we got closer to the
event).  The breakdown of downloads was as follows:

iOS (40.6%)
Android (41.9%)
Mobile Web (17.4%)

(But of course, PyCon targets a slightly different demographic.)

There was a fair bit of feedback on The Twitters that people liked the
GuideBook, and since it was free, and trivial to set up (you can import a
google calendar directly, and there were one or two other integrations, if
I recall?), I see no downside in having it as an option.

Turns out that EventBoard is free for your first event too:
http://www.eventboardmobile.com/pricing.html - so their kind offer of a
free trial isn't so kind :)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Simon de Haan <simon at praekeltfoundation.org