[Pycon-volunteers] Local to Portland willing to volunteer

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at python.org
Thu May 4 10:58:56 EDT 2017

Hi Nick,

Something else you might consider is participating in our development
sprints Monday, May 22nd 2017 – Thursday, May 25th 2017. They're free and
open to the public and are a great way to network and learn about
open-source projects.

Here is a link with more information:
https://us.pycon.org/2017/community/sprints/

Cheers,

Betsy

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Rami Chowdhury <rami.chowdhury at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for getting in touch, and I for one am glad to hear you are getting
> so much out of Python!
>
> I'm afraid you *must* be registered to volunteer at PyCon -- but that's
> far from the only way to get involved in the local Python community!
> https://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/ looks like a fairly active group?
>
> Cheers,
> Rami
>

> On May 3, 2017 9:02 PM, "Nick Freeman" <nickfreemandesign at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> My name is Nick Freeman, I'm a local designer in town who just finished
> working with Design Week Portland and *just* learned about PyCon today.
>
> I'd very much like to volunteer and get involved, but I am not registered
> nor can I afford a registration ticket. I am willing to volunteer nearly
> *full-time* should you consider it possible for me to do so.
>
> I am a self-taught developer who is absolutely in love with Python and the
> developer's network. My reason for wanting to volunteer is two fold- to
> meet more like-minded individuals, and to further integrate into Portland
> (I recently moved here).
>
> If you'll consider it possible for me to help out, please reach my
> directly on my number below. If you would like references to the work I did
> with Design Week Portland, I can connect you based on your request.
>
> Thank you for your consideration!
>
> Best,
>
> Nick Freeman
> *Designer*