[Pycon-volunteers] Tutorial Volunteering and misc items

Jamiel Almeida slashfoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 01:49:40 EST 2017

My idea with the tables are for rallying up the volunteers that show up the
day of with little info on what to do, I'm sure the people at that table
will be bored a few hours into the conference.

So at that point we could either put the sign there, or fold it into
registration later.

The utility for this is basically so that volunteers that show up fresh/new
to the whole deal, that put their names on the excell sheets and half-read
the instructions have somewhere to anchor to at the beginning of the day
when only early risers are at the tables.

We could also just replace the whole idea with a big "catchy" sign that
reads "Volunteering? Go to the staff room".

Another idea that I have seen at another family friendly conference (or
maybe it was at pycon in a previous year? don't remember) was that the
volunteers wore (those that wanted to, anyways) Dr. Seuss, "Cat in the Hat"
hats so that they could be easily identified. I like the idea of wearing
something distinct so that people that need help can have an easier way
getting it.

These are just random ideas to make the whole thing a bit more
fun/accessible.

--
Jamiel Almeida