[Pycon-se] Initial meeting Tuesday 13/8 20:00 CEST?

Jyrki Pulliainen jyrki at spotify.com
Wed Aug 14 23:57:22 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM, George Brocklehurst <george at thoughtbot.com
> wrote:

> On 2013-08-09, Fredrik Håård wrote:
> > since 14 people have greenlighted 20:00 next Tuesday, I suggest we set
> > up a meeting for then.
> >
> > Will some people be able to share a connection so we can keep it to 10
> > connected participants, or should we use something else than Google
> > Hangouts (and in that case, what?).
> >
> > Previously suggested agenda is
> >
> > A) target size of the conference in attendants (80, 150, 250?)
> > B) size of the program - length, number of tracks, tutorials, sprints
> > C) budget - number of sponsors, venue, dinner etc
>
> Good to meet some of you this evening. I took notes while we were talking,
> probably didn't capture everything but hopefully this will be useful as a
> reminder of what we talked about and give those who weren't there an
> impression of what was covered:

Cool, thanks for this list, nice to see what you've discussed :)

Related to this, if you are fairly new to the conference organising, I
recommend reading through ppk's Conference organiser guide (or, at least,
glimpse through it). And don't read is like it's the single source of
truth, but it gives a lot of good pointers on what to consider when
organising the conference first time.

- Jyrki