[pycon-pune] Dates for PyCon Pune 2018!

Siddhesh Poyarekar sid at reserved-bit.com
Wed Jun 14 03:25:31 EDT 2017

On Wednesday 14 June 2017 12:42 PM, rahul .poruri wrote:
> There is no doubt that the PyCon Pune conference adds value to the
> participants who attend it. After all, they pay to attend the
> conference. I don't see how that makes a difference on the scheduling.
>
> But, the founding principle (?) of PyCon Pune that dev sprints take
> center stage, with talks being an addition helps understand the
> scheduling. So does the fact that holding the dev sprints on the weekend
> so as to provide flexibility in venue.

Yeah, the venue bit is secondary for me personally since I am confident
we can come up with something more reliable this time, but I know Kushal
has a different opinion about it :)

> Finally, are there any tutorial sessions being planned for this PyCon
> Pune? There were none the last time, IIRC. I think there is enough
> interest in basic and advanced tutorials, on topics ranging from Python
> to the ecosystem of libraries we use on a daily basis.

That idea is still kinda in play.  It's not final yet because we don't
know yet how to schedule them in a manner that does not undermine the
developer sprints and talks.  Nisha had expressed interest in doing a
Python for kids tutorial and that seems like something that can run in
parallel with the dev sprints, but for anything else, we will have to
think a bit more.

Also there is the problem of trying to do many things at once, we want
to make sure we build up slowly through the years and not commit a
massive budget in just our second conference :)

That said, I'd say keep specific suggestions for tutorials coming in and
we can then figure out if/how we can accommodate them.  If nothing, we
could do something via reserved-bit that can lead up to the main conference.

Siddhesh