[Pycon-openspaces] I can help

Katia Lira katialira.villena at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:54:16 EST 2019

Hola Anna,

Yes! I don't know the next two cities but my plan for sure is to attend.

I totally understand what you mean about burn out. I've cut out attending
other conferences because of that.

Im not doing anything major about DCUS this year. With DEFNA through the
year, my role is going to be trying to make Jeff's life easier, we're
starting slow and growing on tasks to handle.

And with PyCon Latam we have the conference this year, right now the team
is 4 co-chairs so not all the burden is on me. After August the conference
will move to another country and team, so I'll move to a cheering co-chair
role :)

So yes, my plate has a lot of volunteering things but for that week in May
Im focused on PyCon. Last year I volunteered at the PyLadies booth, Django
Girls booth and as a session runner. If I skip that this year I'll have
time for the open spaces.

I completely understand if there's someone more suited for this, just
thought I could help

Have a good day or night (timezones are weird),

Katia