[Pycon-openspaces] Open Spaces blog post

Trey Hunner trey at truthful.technology
Wed Apr 26 19:18:55 EDT 2017

Chiming in a little late. Thanks for re-starting the conversation Anna and
thanks for the bot explanation Hobson.

Zak, I think that blurb sounds good.

Ewa, I really like the idea of using a blurb for the open spaces board so
people filling out a card know how to promote it on Twitter.

I think a slightly shorter blurb might stand out more near for the
in-person board. Maybe a one sentence one: "Tweet the time, room number,
and description of your event using #PyConOpenSpace and the Twitter
@openspaces_bot will help you promote your open space."

Also I wonder whether we should remind folks looking at the board that find
open space reminders on Twitter too. Same idea, but different audience
(since most people looking at the board will not be open space organizers
but open space attendees).

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Hobson Lane <hobsonlane at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 good idea!
>
> --Hobson
> (503) 974-6274
> gh <https://github.com/hobson/> twtr <https://twitter.com/hobsonlane> li
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/hobsonlane> g+
> <http://plus.google.com/+HobsonLane/> so
> <http://stackoverflow.com/users/623735/hobs>
>
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Ewa Jodlowska <ewa at python.org> wrote:

>>> Sorry to interject mid-convo, but I may use the above text for a sign to
>>> place by the board.
>>>

>> Sigh, email sent before I was finished typing:
>>
>> Sorry to interject mid-convo, but I may use the above text for a sign to
>> place by the board. If you all think that is appropriate and approve, let
>> me know.

Trey Hunner
Truthful Technology, LLC
http://truthful.technology