[PyAR2] What editor/IDE do YOU use??

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:53:32 CET 2008

 I use vim/vi....
color coding,
strategic print statements,
:!python script.py
runs my script for me.

But then again I don't do as massive programs as I'm sure the rest of you do
;)
-Wayne

On Jan 24, 2008 9:44 AM, Kwadroke of The Wired <kwadroke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2008 9:36 AM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 24, 2008 9:29 AM, Chad Cooper <Chad_Cooper at swn.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Greg, I quit using Eclipse/PyDev because it was too complex for me,
> and a
> > memory hog as well. I've looked at Wing, it looks like its full of tons
> of
> > bells and whistles.
> > It is, and it's very cool to see one of their developers show it off;
> > there's lots you can do with it.  The problem is, I don't want to spend
> the
> > time to learn to use a graphical debugger and all the other stuff.  I'm
> old
> > enough to think a strategically placed "print" statement is still the
> best
> > debug technique.  I'm trying to wean myself off vim, but on many
> systems,
> > that's all I have (or emacs, which is another good-but-too-powerful
> editor).

> Nano and GEdit on Linux works for me :)
> --
> Tony Bates - Kwadroke of The Wired
> Red Hat Certified Engineer
>
> Hot Springs Area Linux Users Group - hsalug.org
> Little Rock Linux Users Group - lrlug.org
> Central Arkansas Linux Users Group - carlug.org
> Arkansas Linux Users Group - arlug.org
> Arkansas Laser Tag - arklt.org
> Kwadroke.com | Kwadrix.com

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi