[PSF-Community] [PSF-Vote] PSF Board Election Update: Nominees Posted

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Jun 10 09:05:33 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM Philip James <pjj at philipjohnjames.com> wrote:

> While I'm a huge fan of Mastodon (I run wandering.shop), I'm a bigger fan
> of using tools we already have. :) Given that https://discuss.python.org/
> already exists, using that in the future seems fairly reasonable to me?
>
> There's also nothing stopping folks from starting a thread there now, of
> course, but I interpret Ewa's point as "We didn't let the candidates know
> this was expected of them, so it's not super fair to start this discussion
> there now. It's still a great idea, and we should do that next time."
>
> I agree with that, because otherwise it's an unfair advantage to the
> candidates who are closely following this thread and know to show up to the
> forum.

Not to mention the fact that voting has already started, so getting people
to invest time to ask questions may be too much to ask :). I do like the
idea of giving people a chance to get to know the candidates better,
though, so I would love for this to happen (as Ewa said, next year) -- but
in that case, I feel there should be some room between the candidates being
announced and the actual election.

> PJJ
> http://philipjohnjames.com
>

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 11:36 AM Maria Petri Betto <
> maria.betto at u.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
>> I also like this idea. I think the existing Slack workspace could also
>> fit this purpose well. Though a PSF Mastodon instance would be cool in
>> general and wouldn't require logging in to Slack.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Maria
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 1:25 PM Jurnell Cockhren <jurnell at civichacker.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>> My company, Civic Hacker, can provide a private Mastodon instance for
>>> this purpose or similar. I would love to help the PSF in such a tangible
>>> way.
>>>
>>> Jurnell

>>> --
>>> Jurnell Cockhren
>>> Founder @ Civic Hacker
>>> https://civichacker.com

Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
spread!