[PSF-Community] Back Story on the Guido, Larry Wall, Anders Hejlsberg, and James Gosling benefit event for CSforALL

Don Sheu don at sheu.com
Thu Mar 21 07:02:01 EDT 2019

The finances of the event, it's expensive. I have put out pitches for
sponsoring the livestream. If nobody buys, I'm planning on visiting Python
groups around the world to put on viewing parties before selling the video
on a shareware license. Beneficiary of the proceeds is CSforALL and they
work on tech inclusion. Ruthe Farmer the event chair was an Obama advisor
on tech inclusion. She continues this work as Chief Evangelist for
CSforALL.

For those who can make the trip, here's a 50% discount code
bdfl-retirement. It's good till until 4:59pm PDT, 22nd March or 2019-03-22
23:59:59 UTC,
https://ti.to/puppy/CSforALLtechinclusion/discount/bdfl-retirement

Looking at Expedia, flights from SFO to SEA, low as $232. I found flights
from Chicago at $357.

Beliebers would make the trip for a Justin Bieber show. We have here some
of the stellar folks of software who have given a lot to the world. Guido
described the event as historic because he's never been a part of a
discussion like this before. He's made suggestions to the programming to
make sure we have a substantial conversation. Support our craftspeople,
make them feel appreciated. And the proceeds benefit literally, it's for
the kids.

[image: giphy simpons join us small.gif]
ᐧ