[PSF-Community] PyCascades 2020 CFP is open. We're coming to Portland!

Mariatta mariatta at python.org
Tue Aug 27 11:01:11 EDT 2019

PyCascades is a two-day single track conference organized by Python
community members in the Pacific Northwest.

After producing PyCascades Vancouver (2018) and PyCascades Seattle (2019),
we are now ready to complete the PyCascades trilogy in Portland, Oregon,
USA.

We'll be coming to Revolution Hall, Feb 8-9, 2020. There will be sprints at
the same venue on Monday, Feb 10, 2020.

Please check our announcement at:
https://2020.pycascades.com/news/2-pycascades-2020-dates-location-cfp/

*Call for proposals*

Our CFP is currently open until October 1st, 2019, and we want your talk
proposals. https://www.papercall.io/pycascades-2020

We're especially keen on having new and first time speakers on our stage.
We've recruited a number of experienced speakers as mentors, and they'll be
happy to help you with your talk proposal. You can request a mentor by
emailing me: mariatta at pycascades dot com

*Opportunity Grant*

Our opportunity grant program is designed to prioritize people with
relatively low income, speakers, active builders of Python community,
notable open source contributors, and people in need of childcare. However,
anyone who would be financially burdened by attending PyCascades is welcome
to apply at https://2020.pycascades.com/grants/

*PyCascades & PyLadies*

To better support aspiring speakers from underrepresented group, we're
partnering with PyLadies chapters in the Pacific Northwest to host CFP
brainstorming sessions. Several PyCascades organizers and speaker mentors
will be in attendance and help facilitate the discussions.

PyLadies Seattle: September 12, 2019
https://www.meetup.com/Seattle-PyLadies/events/264325505/
PyLadies Vancouver: September 18, 2019:
https://www.meetup.com/PyLadies-Vancouver/events/264179184/

If you have suggestions of other communities we should reach out to, please
let us know by emailing organizers at pycascades dot com.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at PyCascades!

Mariatta
PyCascades 2020 Diversity Chair

ᐧ