[PSF-Community] Sponsor Members - Bylaws Revision

Don Sheu don at sheu.com
Wed May 25 11:44:40 EDT 2016

>From my best memory, it was a Sponsor Member suggesting it was weird for
sponsors to vote. I could see a conflict of interest if there's a competing
sponsor up for approval and an incumbent would have a contrary financial
interest to vote against adding a sponsor.

This is strictly my opinion, but a board is constituted to manage bylaws of
the organization. If there's any concerns of how a board or a director of a
board is performing duties, the current election is the right time to
address these concerns.

Warmest wishes,

--
Don Sheu
312.880.9389

My Python user group in June meets at Google
http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/231074707/
<http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/230373146/>
ᐧ

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Ewa Jodlowska <ewa at python.org> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> This conversation took place on psf-vote at python.org with the voting
> members. I  do not know off the top of my head if you are a voting member,
> but if you are, you should be able to access to archives here:
> https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-vote
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ewa
> Director of Operations
> Python Software Foundation
> Cell: 415-319-5237
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Matthew Dixon Cowles <matt at mondoinfo.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Marc-Andre,
>>
>> > We did consult the existing sponsor members
>>
>> I'm sorry. perhaps I should have said: I'm surprised that the board
>> didn't consult the non-sponsor membership. Can you tell me the
>> thinking behind that?
>>
>> > As I mentioned in the email, the main purpose is to simplify
>> > sponsor signup.
>>
>> That doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask why the idea is a good
>> one. I asked why the membership wasn't consulted.
>>
>> > Overall, the PSF is moving more and more in the direction of
>> > trying to engage our members in the operations of the PSF.
>> > We're doing this by opening up WGs
>>
>> That also doesn't answer my question.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Matt

Don Sheu
312.880.9389

My Python user group in May meets at Redfin
http://www.meetup.com/PSPPython/events/230373146/

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*