[PSF-Community] Sponsor Members - Bylaws Revision

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Wed May 25 11:20:38 EDT 2016

Marc-Andre,

> We did consult the existing sponsor members

I'm sorry. perhaps I should have said: I'm surprised that the board
didn't consult the non-sponsor membership. Can you tell me the
thinking behind that?

> As I mentioned in the email, the main purpose is to simplify
> sponsor signup.

That doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask why the idea is a good
one. I asked why the membership wasn't consulted.

> Overall, the PSF is moving more and more in the direction of
> trying to engage our members in the operations of the PSF.
> We're doing this by opening up WGs

That also doesn't answer my question.

Regards,
Matt