[PSF-Community] Community Members Needed for PSF Sponsor WG

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at python.org
Wed Jun 8 12:29:10 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

This is in relation to the recent bylaws change[1].

We have created a new working group for PSF Sponsors. The initial goal will
be to review the PSF sponsorship applications that come in. The review
process will include discussion via the mailing list and the voting process
will also take place on the mailing list.

We are in need of a few more voting members. If anyone is interested in
participating in this working group, please send a brief intro about
yourself to sponsors-wg at python.org.

Here is the draft wiki page and charter:
https://wiki.python.org/psf/SponsorWG. This has not yet been approved by
the board, but we need enough voting members first to bring this to the
board.

*[1] the board has just approved an amendment of the PSF bylaws to*

*remove the sponsor membership category. From now on, we willjust
have sponsors and no longer need to vote them in, hopefullymaking it much
easier to sign up new sponsors. The next step iscreating a sponsors WG to
take over sponsor management.Here's the official resolution:- RESOLVED,
that the Python Software Foundation amend the PSF bylaws to   remove
the Sponsor Membership category. All changes made by the   Bylaws WG are
listed
here:https://bitbucket.org/malemburg/psf-bylaws/diff/bylaws.md?diff1=ba846896778b&diff2=fa6ce90a3f1376b2708bf76d87c70813f96e010a&at=default
<https://bitbucket.org/malemburg/psf-bylaws/diff/bylaws.md?diff1=ba846896778b&diff2=fa6ce90a3f1376b2708bf76d87c70813f96e010a&at=default>.
 Approved 11-0-0 via email vote 25 May 2016and these are the updated
bylaws:https://www.python.org/psf/bylaws/?20160525
<https://www.python.org/psf/bylaws/?20160525>*

Best regards,

Betsy