[PSF-Community] Non English Speaking Users of PyPI - We need Help!

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.cc
Tue Jan 26 15:27:20 EST 2016

Hi Donald,

One particular concern is for some Slavic languages and counts. If any of your messages has a specific number of things, you need to know what that number is to have a correct sentence (e.g. saying “I am 34 years old” and “I am 35 years old” has a different grammatical structure; notably, you need to know what the number is to know how to spell “years”.). I believe this is currently a limitation of gettext, but I also know that in many languages gettext is actually gettext + FEATURES, and it’s not clear to me if Python’s gettext solves this problem.

lvh