[PSF-Community] [gravitational-waves] A big thanks to the contributors in Python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 16 13:04:28 EST 2016

The world of academic science remains opaque to many in the computing
world, but I am happy to say that thanks to your good work and particularly
to the whole Software Carpentry initiative scientists are slowly opening
their eyed to good software engineering practices. The recent LIGO
publications are a testament not only to Python's readability and general
usefulness, but also to the work of the many scientific computing devotees
who have spent time making the Python ecosystem so usable and approachable.

Steve Holden