[PSF-Community] STOP THE INTRODUCTIONS

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 03:47:55 CEST 2015

015-09-21 22:41 GMT-03:00 Jacqueline Kazil <jackiekazil at gmail.com>:

> Instead of going back and forth on this practice -- what if we started a
> thread called 'Introductions' or something like that?
> - Folks who want to read it can keep it coming in.
> - Folks who don't want to read it can filter that one thread (or threads).
>
> Yes? No?

I thought of it at first but the only ones who would know there is a thread
for that are the ones who have already introduced themselves or are reading
the e-mails. Most new people would keep opening new threads for their
introduction. I agree with you that some people might leave the mailing
list due to the harsh feedback, but some people may also leave the mailing
list due to the enormous amount of introduction e-mails.

It gets annoying after a while to keep being notified of new e-mails that
are only introductions from lots of people around the globe. However, I
don't think there is a thing we can do about it. Just stand it, for the
sake of it :-)

Actually, I think there is something we can do. As soon as we start talking
about Python, it may get less annoying. Let's go!

PS: About my introduction, my e-mail signature is enough, I think.

Best regards,

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS
Laboratory for Technological Innovation in Healthcare (LAIS-HUOL)
Free Software Advocate - "An idea is only knowledge, when shared."

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br