[PSF-Community] Introductions

Rhys Yorke rhys.yorke at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 00:51:43 CEST 2015

Well, it looks like introductions are in order then.  One thing I have
always appreciated about Python in particular is its welcoming community.
With a few exceptions, the community has been composed of some of the most
friendly and helpful people I've had the opportunity to meet.

I met a few of you at *PyCon 2015* this year, and spent some time playing a
few great board games (Kenneth and Lacey, I'm looking at you).

Currently, I'm working as a *Sr. Full Stack Developer*, and while I don't
have an opportunity to use Python everyday (our tech stack is Rails), I do
reach for it when I get the opportunity to  - and I'd certainly love the
opportunity to use it more frequently.

Of particular interest for me is *machine learning* and *game development*
(I spent several years in the entertainment industry before turning to web
development),* teaching*, *writing*, as well as *craftsmanship*.

I'd love to become more involved with the Python community if the
opportunity presents itself.

Cheers,
Rhys