[portland] Ghosts in the machine

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 19:41:07 CEST 2013

I had headaches installing both PIL and Pillow. On Ubuntu 12.0.4, I got PIL
installing in my virtualenvs by simply linking the needed object files in
before pip installing it.

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so $VIRT/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfreetype.so $VIRT/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so $VIRT/lib

Not sure if that was relevant, but I hope it helps.

Luke