[portland] Django Fundamentals Bootcamp

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 22:01:02 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:
> On 4/19/2012 1:44 PM, kirby urner wrote:
>>
>> So happens that The Open Bastion (theopenbastion.com) has a Django
>> event as early as May 17 or so in Newark NJ.

> That event (Open Django West) is supposed to be coming to Portland in late
> 2012.

Just to be clear, that event is traveling east to west, starting in Newark

http://opendjango.com/

Newark  May 18-19
Chicago June 8-9
Portland later

DjangoCon is still its own conference in Washington DC this year,
Labor Day weekend as usual.

The OpenDjango events alternate with non-Django-centric Python conferences
if memory serves.

I'd ask Steve right now if he were in his apartment as I'm there now readying
it for a weekend guest of the PSF chairman (out of town MVP).

He's still away until April 26 as I recall.

I do agree there's plenty of Django to go around.  The Newark event is
designed to fill with mostly east coast people (one would think New York
City has some Djangsta action).

Never hurts to have a few from Portland though.  I hope to see more
"remote event"
opportunities on that Urban Airship LCD.

Kirby