[portland] psycopg2 or SQLalchemy?

LG lgellert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:15:30 CEST 2011

It depends on how long you think this app will be in service and how
critical it is. Will you be the only maintainer, or will there be
multiple programmers? If it is a relatively small project, and
maintained by only you, then I don't think it matters. However, if you
plan for this to be a multi-year project with lots of money put into it,
I would opt for the framework.  Successful prototypes have a strange way
of turning into multi-year projects...

Using a framework exposes you (and your team) to best practices and
patterns, at least as the makers of the framework view the world. This
generally leads to better maintainability and an overall higher velocity
in the long run.  It shouldn't take more than a day or two to get
familiar with it, so it can't hurt.

Laurence