[portland] Django cloud project with startup role potential

Thomas Hamlin thomas at metaphorlab.com
Wed Jan 26 00:24:59 CET 2011

Hi fellow PDX Pythoneers,

[You have dibs, I may post this to a wider audience soon...]

I am developing a few web sites this spring for a number of bicycle and active commuting campaigns around the country.  I am looking for one or two developers that have experience with Django and cloud-based operations.

Ideally, you are/have most of these:
- able to work on a contract basis and do not need a full time/permanent gig
- enjoy working when and where you like
- experienced with Django, Git, PostgreSQL, Ubuntu
- experienced implementing social network features such as incorporating Twitter feeds or Facebook features into a Django site
- Amazon EC2 or other cloud experience
- some devops experience would be great
- interested in meaningful work, in advancing bicycle commuting and other active forms of transport!

Lastly, these projects will lead to the launching of a large scale web service offering by next year. You have the chance to be there at the pre-startup stage!

Interested?  Please email me with some info about yourself and your experience.

Thomas Hamlin
http://metaphorlab.com
Meaningful user experience, handcrafted from the finest materials.
thomas at metaphorlab.com