[portland] Boost.Python

Christopher Hiller chiller at decipherinc.com
Wed Jun 10 22:30:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

We use Boost at my company.  An alternative is using Pyrex/Cython:
http://wiki.cython.org/WrappingCPlusPlus.  It seems Boost is better suited
to legacy C++ code; you may want to take a good look at the alternative.  If
you are not married to C++, Pyrex provides some OO stuff for C:
http://ldots.org/pyrex-guide/5-python-wrapper.html#class

Chris

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Omar A Rodriguez <omar at gnlnx.net> wrote:

> Anyone have good/bad experience with Boost.Python? Do you know of other
> libraries that claim "seamless interoperability" between C++ and Python?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/libs/python/doc/index.html
>
> I've been toying with the idea of having a task management system in the
> threading sense implemented in C++ but accessible from Python. I came across
> Boost.Python earlier today and was wondering what you folks think.
>

> Thanks,
> -Omar

christopher hiller
sr software engineer