[portland] Psycopg Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 3 03:57:14 CET 2009

   Anyone here familiar with psycopg?

   I'm trying to use a python app called tinyerp; it has two components:
-server and -client. Both are installed, along with all the ancillary python
tools the application uses.

   However, when I try to create a new database, it always returns "Could not
create database." I grepped the code in the tinyerp-server and
tinyerp-client python2.5/site-package directories and could not find that
string. Psycopg for python-2.5 is a shared library rather than python code.
I'm trying to find out why the database cannot be created so I can fix the
problem.

   If anyone here has suggestions, please pass them on to me.

Rich