[portland] OS Bridge proposal date extended

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 01:59:52 CEST 2009

Django is driving me nuts I have to admit.  It's the static media bit.
 It's all on my Ubuntu laptop so if someone wants to show me where I'm
going wrong, the bagels are on me... (I had it working but then
decided to move directories around...).  Write me off list maybe.  I
live near the Bagdad.

Yeah, more Python talks would be good.  I'm not altogether clear what
the audience will be like but I think there's always room for "just
the basics" i.e. a good old fashioned tutorial that doesn't go too
fast.  I know we're into test driven development but I think doctest
is sufficient with noobs.  Indeed, Python pedagogy is effective
because interactive...

I could see PPUG offering a standard once month free class with
rotating presenter, then spin-off more advanced topic classes that fly
when they fill, sort of Saturday Academy still.  Having something like
a fixed schedule for the free ones, then scrambling amongst ourselves
to always have an instructor, would be a fun way to make PPUG a
stronger glue maybe.    Just a thought.

Kirby