[portland] Planning for October Meeting / Python Release Party!

Igal Koshevoy igal at pragmaticraft.com
Wed Sep 17 00:46:58 CEST 2008

Joshua Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:58:44 -0700
> Igal Koshevoy <igal at pragmaticraft.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting suggestion. I've contacted Selena of the PostgreSQL group
>> and CC'ed Jason to see if she thinks this may be a good match, whether
>> an event is already in the works, and who we can talk with about this
>> further.
>>

> The person you need to talk to is me :P
Doh. Your recent reply to Jason makes a lot more sense now that I
realize that the "we" meant PostgreSQL, and not Python. :>

> The only
> issue is to figure out how to deal with folks that come to the party
> but don't come to the conference.
That'd be good to resolve so that this event can be accessible to
general Python enthusiasts. Is there an issue of badged access to the
venue or the costs? If it's the later, I'm sure that if a funding target
was published, something could be resolved with donations and
sponsorships to make this work.

-igal

PS: I enjoyed your "Practical PostgreSQL" book and was just looking at
your conference announcement post this morning when adding the event to
Calagator. Sorry for not realizing who you were sooner.