[portland] SQLAlchemy @ PDXPUG (was Re: Meeting next week)

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Fri May 9 21:12:26 CEST 2008

As it happens, I'll be doing a presentation on SQLAlchemy for the
Portland PostgreSQL Users Group next Thursday.  (5/15, 7pm, FreeGeek)

I'll be presenting SQLAlchemy 0.5, which was just merged into the svn
trunk a few moments ago and will go into alpha soon.  I'll mostly be
demoing ORM queries, eager-loading and inheritance, plus some cool and
pragmatic blending of ORM and relational operations that are now easy in
0.5.

I'm happy to do a talk for PDX Python too, but I'm not up to
back-to-back talks this month.  I can also speak to Michael Trier's
excellent django-sqlalchemy project somewhat, albeit mostly from an
under the hood perspective.

-jek