[portland] Need Help With a For Loop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 21 20:32:52 CET 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, kirby urner wrote:

> OK, so here's my solution, using only basic Python:

   Thank you, Kirby. I'll work on this and see if I can translate it to the
actual, more extensive function.

   The list, varData, is sorted after being selected from the database
tables. Sort order is component, subcomponent, parent, plot sequence number.
Perhaps I headed off in the wrong direction because I was trying to use the
already sorted tuples rather than sorting them as needed.

   Probably be tomorrow before I've thoroughly explored this.

Rich