[portland] Executing Python Code Within Emacs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 13 23:22:36 CET 2008

   I just upgraded python-mode.el so the 'execute buffer' command (C-c C-c)
works. However, while ipython is called and the script runs, the output is
filled with ANSI escape sequences; for example:

2m/data1/eikos/<ipython console>m

1mNameErrorm: name 'row' is not defined
1m------------------------------------------------------------m
1mIndentationErrorm1m:m unindent does not match any outer indentation level
(<ipython console>, line 5)

1mexceptions.NameErrorm                                 Traceback (most
recent call last)

2m/data1/eikos/<ipython console>m

   It actually looks worse than this, but pine is correctly translating some
of the codes.

   How do I clean this up? Or, where do I ask for help with this issue?

Rich