[portland] Meeting Tomorrow?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:25:41 CET 2008

Yeah, hard to debug this way, I agree.

Note that if you're trying to do a sort within sort, you can do like
a database key (m, n), where m, n are your two fields.

def extract(row):
        """return (m,n) for sorting purposes"""
	return (row[2],row[0])

>>> data = [
('pia', 'field1', 'scurve', 3, 4, 5),
('zaza', 'field1', 'bellcurve', 9, 8, 8),
('kirby', 'field1', 'bellcurve', 1, 2, 3),
('divine', 'field1', 'trapezoid', 1, 2, 3)]

>>> sorted(data, key = extract)
[('kirby', 'field1', 'bellcurve', 1, 2, 3),
('zaza', 'field1', 'bellcurve', 9, 8, 8),
('pia', 'field1', 'scurve', 3, 4, 5),
('divine', 'field1', 'trapezoid', 1, 2, 3)]

i.e. I'm sorting on field0 (proper name) *within* field 2 (test type).

Kirby